Deadline Extended! Please submit by February 28, 2020.
What topics, areas, or research lines would you be excited to see as the focus of an activity on ICTP's Scientific Calendar? What research communities could come together at ICTP or beyond? Now is the time to submit your proposal! ICTP is pleased to announce a call for activity proposals for the 2021 Scientific Calendar, with the deadline on February 28, 2020.
Details on how to submit a proposal and further information can be found here.
With over 70 activities as part of ICTP's yearly schedule, proposals can take the form of the following:
- Advanced Schools/Workshops
- Extended Workshops
- Outside Activities
- Co-sponsored Activities
And are encouraged in the following ICTP focus fields. Potential topics for activities are not restricted to theory.
- High Energy, Cosmology, and Astroparticle Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics, including Statistical Physics
- Earth System Physics, including Geophysics, Ocean Dynamics, Weather and Climate Modelling, Upper Atmosphere
- Applied Physics, including Fluid Dynamics, Plasma Physics, Nuclear Data and Applications, Laser Physics, Medical Physics, Machine Learning, Computer Algorithms, Soft Matter, Biophysics, Radio Propagation
- Quantitative Life Sciences
- Web Technologies and Distance Education, Information and Communication Technologies, Open Source for Science and Development
- Renewable Energies
- High Performance Computing
Selection criteria the basis of scientific novelty, impact on the international community, with special emphasis on bringing together scientists from the South and North, basic training for younger scientists, hands-on training for computer-intensive subjects, reunion of communities, and support from supplemental external funding. The 2020 Scientific Calendar can be found here for reference. Questions can be directed to the ICTP Scientific Programme Committee Office.