As a UNESCO Category 1 institute, ICTP is in line with UNESCO's committment to protecting personal data according to its Principles on Personal Data Protection and Privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains how ICTP uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Links to other websites
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
ICTP collects the following data:
- Personal identification data you directly provide [Name, email address, phone number, postal address, etc.]
- Data generated by your activity [Log information such as Internet protocol (IP) address, navigation behaviour through the website, device and software used, the time/date/duration of your visit, and other similar information]
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register for events or subscribe to newsletters.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
How will we use your data?
ICTP collects your data for:
- Providing the services you have requested, including processing of your registration, and managing your account.
- Email you with information on other events, products and services we think you might like.
- Statistical purposes and website traffic analysis.
In some circumstances we make your data available outside ICTP, such as for:
- We use third-party services Google Analytics, USA
How do we store your data?
ICTP securely stores your data at its headquarters in Trieste. Your data will not be published for general access nor disclosed or sold to third parties. ICTP, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
Data you provide directly is typically kept until you unsubscribe from the service requested. We keep personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice, in accordance with our applicable records retention and disposition schedules.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - ICTP uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. Our Privacy Notice applies only to our website. For example, we link to our accounts on a number of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content on third-party websites and encourage you to read the privacy notices of other websites you visit.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will revise or update this Notice if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. Please refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this Notice, we will post a new Notice on our website and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the Notice shall not apply retroactively.
How to contact us
You may request access to your personal data in order to verify its accuracy and may request correction. To do so in connection with your use of this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other questions regarding the processing of your personal data, contact the Data Protection and Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Updates to this Privacy Notice